Re: How to display zsh is 32/64 bit?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:34:59 +0800
Daniel Lin <dlin.tw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To do cross compile of 32/64 bit program on one machine.(which installed
> 64-bit zsh)
> I use ArchLinux x86_64 as host machine.
> And a arch32 chroot environment for 32-bit compiling(which installed 32-bit
> zsh).
>
> One problem is the PS1 of zsh.
> It will display the same on both environment.
> I'm wonder could I show different prompt inside the chroot environemnt?
>
> If zsh's prompt variable can deal this?

I'm a bit suprised $MACHTYPE doesn't report it, but on a 64-bit RHEL
machine at work it was reporting i686, not x86_64.  This comes from
config.guess; I note ours is a bit out of date.  I've updated to the one
from automake 1.11.1 and it now reports x86_64 on that machine.  I'll
submit the newer config.guess and config.sub (they're not actually that new,
2009-11-20 instead of 2009-06=10).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog