Re: Usernames with dots

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:12:31 -0500
Seth Underwood <underwoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At my work, all user names have a dot (usually First.Last).  This naming
> convention causes the ~username shortcut to not work in zsh.

I don't see why this wouldn't work.  It's supported in the code (that's
what the manual entry's supposed to say) and it does seem to work on my
system.

Is there anything else unusual about the password entry?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog