Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Putting options after tasks
- X-seq: zsh-users 16888
- From: Jesper Nygårds <jesper.nygards@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Putting options after tasks
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:31:44 +0100
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=FRNA67KgMemrArO5Bz5IFTFgW+27+R81aGysO9rf5j4=; b=e2NobO9/Iyurs3W/QbLkpGvpJrt58L3iak29CWAt2TnIc+rECFvurw2FMJHmv59cac uq4TlD5Yjtj7J9GYbUnimXf0bH3h96xlcqDIF4udzvEgit7Y3w3K2uU1jbrK7Vaf+BmV SoXYKo6RVuvOuTY41t8Pq4blS5m1UkHrGNzsrid6hOTjrjDR2Oj3ieGn9Afv1IrKqo+X MYiJsgT5rpD4sRaWn713Q+XZayt8QxUcHj+4Da9HNKjtuwaNk3Xm3lsYTy8d30c1frVD upC8e2d9J2fSnfW1uMUHkN8d8tYnCHb4liyM4ocxL4tF47WZZmNPUNO80bKvKZDORER7 /ecA==
- In-reply-to: <120314101917.ZM25639@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CABZhJg9sya0JmRYG+2OYw6nb=eX_ZBj37fFXn_Jit1fTK8zrDw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <120314101917.ZM25639@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Bart Schaefer
> _arguments is designed to assume that programs accept all options first
> and all other arguments after them.
Naive question: why? It seems to be a great deal of programs can take
their options at any position nowadays.
> Given that the tasks and options can be freely mixed in this way, I
> presume that none of the options take a following argument (that is,
> "--foobar zoom" never means that "zoom" must appear immediately after
No, unfortunately that's not true, only my simplified example gave
that impression. In reality, some of the options can take a following
> If that's true, then one possibility...
Thank you very much for this, Bart. Since Mikael has reported that it
seems to work going down the _arguments route, I'll have a go at that,
and see if it works also when I expand my example to the real set of
options. I'll report back if I run into trouble.
Messages sorted by: