Re: rake completion with colons in their names

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:55:49 +0200
Benoit Daloze <eregontp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've observed rake completion does not work fully with nested rake
> tasks (having a namespace and being in the form "namespace:task").

If I've followed the chain of references properly, the problem is that
"namespace" gets completed, but not "namespace:task", even if the colon
is already present.

> Nikolai Weibull says "Adding 'r:|[:]=*' to ones matcher-list makes it
> work, but should this really be necessary?".

No, it shouldn't, no other zsh completion requires a matcher to be
set in order to perform the basic completion *at all*.  Usually you
would only require a special matcher if you want to extend the way the
completion can be done or extend the things it will match against.
(Allowing you to complete nam:ta to namespace:task would be a valid use
of a matcher.)

I would guess no one is putting much effort into maintaining _rake (I
myself use Ruby but not Rails).  It might be sensible to turn that
target completion into a separate function as a first step to make it
clearer what's going on.