Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: do you use separate .zshenv and .zshrc files?
- X-seq: zsh-users 17038
- From: TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: do you use separate .zshenv and .zshrc files?
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:19:17 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=date:from:to:message-id:in-reply-to:references:subject:x-mailer :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=PUR4DaZ8EXV+bRJ6cZaLo4QpvCp4jyFlsFdOUX0V1uk=; b=h7NEdQcpd9ZVRA1WKKiUCbo9f+cgucpcCaSjSyZc/EGrCqWExU5iMO794X/ATJVEhM 4I5pKRgZlc8+h/clTYkZNvuQ8xJguV9s0TbSRD1OTG/xc+3IkdK89qbhJ2C3dNrvQ0ig 3ncV+uGSaMVCfzicU1IUh1wBf27JpPD34zPifHzS9qQRcqrdSpULGfug66qcyJd7gsEF 4u0WQ2t51Gzgb1zQGEedhh8CZ9vdu5zrYHLia9U8REPvLPVdwSMDCn7rAOKeNjoF1s7q T2Hs1CUl577xbSJBOwjMQ74PyAHTFLS/631UERE4K8EnFRf00BVHmJi3wSFSyVTb3ado jHMA==
- In-reply-to: <120428160334.ZM15454@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <4B2741961D3F4053AD4A3F6A195E2371@gmail.com> <120428160334.ZM15454@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> If you have a lot of configuration it may take somewhat longer to parse
> and execute the one big file when all that's going to happen is that a
> large part of it will be skipped. Remember that an "if" is a compound
> statement which has to all be read into memory to be sure it parses
> correctly before any of it can be executed (or discarded, if the
> condition is false). So a giant "if [[ -o interactive ]]; ..." may
> needlessly consume memory and time.
Ah, well, one of the things I have noticed lately is that zsh seems to be taking a little longer to launch, so I wonder if that's one of the reasons.
I'm going to try splitting it into separate files and see if I like that better.
Messages sorted by: