Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh-users Digest 21 May 2012 17:55:56 -0000 Issue 1820
- X-seq: zsh-users 17104
- From: Ronald Fischer <ynnor@xxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: zsh-users Digest 21 May 2012 17:55:56 -0000 Issue 1820
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:38:56 +0200
- Cc: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mm.st; h= message-id:from:to:cc:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:subject:date:in-reply-to:references; s=mesmtp; bh= +vbv+acYOeKc5sGhu7QQrJNIsIA=; b=I8KOoBr2tnauVhZpD9A6R8OgjeHS1Bxe eoJUHkuMZSJemX8haBIG+oqV87006UAwOP98JQOnGUPGvUCD0PWFU9krEUDrOzKm zKr8KXvj+robyeLukUv8QNNKsgPrERqwJEjePLiHRMVRpzGyT1lJv3eP7Gru76gG 3dqMtvAtyEU=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=message-id:from:to:cc:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:content-type:subject:date:in-reply-to :references; s=smtpout; bh=+vbv+acYOeKc5sGhu7QQrJNIsIA=; b=pNYpt pPWNmbLTnyjskMNlM0P1cVNZJ1qZueRQkBbZ2IEqnR5MyNudA+1VMKWcsHUfEPxH EQFXxy00gxdc68XzJvbIvZxLXsnrcB/+Tb8VF6BmovWB/tpnTrEdyEAoir829HG4 wS18ELn9a9Y2h1P6WiM8S7BONMftXSTo2/aOt8=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > echo a/f/b/b/x<TAB>
> > Doesn't help here, for two reason:
> > (1) At least in my version of zsh (4.3.12), this would not expand the
> > interim directories (f,b,b).
> Does your zsh configuration include installing the completion system
> (the "compinit" command)?
Doesn't look like:
(1;0) /cygdrive/c> type compinit
compinit not found
However I think I should have the completion system installed:
(1;1) /cygdrive/c> zmodload
Is there an additional module that I need here?
> > (2) Even if I could do TAB completion on directories within the path,
> > this is not what I'm looking for, because it is still cumbersome to
> > type.
> You might want to look at named directories
Thank you for this suggestion. I'll have a look at it!
Ronald Fischer <ronaldf@xxxxxx>
+ If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
+ and the bus is interrupted and the interrupt's not caught,
+ then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.
+ (cited after Peter van der Linden)
Messages sorted by: