Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: bug in replace-string: widget loses characters
- X-seq: zsh-users 17313
- From: Moritz Bunkus <moritz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: bug in replace-string: widget loses characters
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:54:09 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=bunkus.org; s=mail201203; t=1349783651; bh=Qr6I8qzLDq6CIMkIoOQqG9RN0dtc/be167U/MLpImts=; h=MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From: To:Content-Type; b=jGUMyplRCdVUngJ8+p94bv1YZTVXDfQas2tU0DaFGLDLRvS507CSb96n057+oygPs IoNiCG2lPqsXxQWWkeVahW/p5VxqB5ajpTzQOFs9zxRHa1ZhX+P4NNyzl4SMWMZBmk bzdyzWyq00X4wgRol6PVbMO1VwN54lDCSD0ro7zs=
- In-reply-to: <CAECNH1TwZO8ZMZE2jB4G7e03yTA+qXbtKioWKK8xzH4n-9OucA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CANPayMTaAjtWV6=CE1rAuMhbZX=igKtBwNBLysPBq-W+G_GJYQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAECNH1TwZO8ZMZE2jB4G7e03yTA+qXbtKioWKK8xzH4n-9OucA@mail.gmail.com>
your explanation matches exactly what I'm seeing. I wrote:
>> zsh 5.0.0 on Arch Linux here. I'm using the replace-string widget and
>> have the problem that often it loses characters from the current input
>> when I use it. Not always, but often enough.
It even accounts for the "not always" part: I often type a trailing
space at the end of a line (mostly automatically because I'm not
really thinking about whether or not there will be an additional
argument). If that was the last action before invoking replace-string
the space will get removed, but I actually don't realize it has been.
Hence me thinking that replace-string would only lose characters
occasionally instead of all the time.
I'll deactivate the undo part for that widget as you've suggested.
Thanks for looking into it.
Messages sorted by: