Re: volume label in prompt?

I use this:

precmd () {
 settitle "%n@m: %5(~:%-1~/…/%3~:%~)
}

Where settitle is a function that sets my window title. The %X(A:B:C) construct is zsh's ternary statement. What the above does is display paths with 1-3 elements whole, while longer paths have only the first and last three elements with the remainder replaced by an ellipsis.

If you use precmd you should be able to use any script you want to check the mount table, gather the mounted volume's label, etc.

Alex Satrapa