Re: script help

On Dec 8, 10:43am, shawn wilson wrote:
}
} I don't think I understand this. how is a string different from zsh
} splitting a variable up (I'm guessing an array based on ${=cmd})?

http://zsh.sourceforge.net/FAQ/zshfaq03.html#31

} And I'm guessing this is different from how bash handles this?

http://zsh.sourceforge.net/FAQ/zshfaq02.html#l10

 The classic difference is word splitting, discussed in question 3.1;
 this catches out very many beginning zsh users. As explained there,
 this is actually a bug in every other shell. The answer is to set
 SH_WORD_SPLIT for backward compatibility. The next most classic
 difference is that unmatched glob patterns cause the command to abort;
 set NO_NOMATCH for those.