Re: splitting in assignment forms of expansion

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 06:41:25AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On 27/09/2012, Han Pingtian <hanpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The manpage of zshexpn states about "${=...}":
> >
> >       Note  that  splitting is applied to word in the assignment forms
> >       of spec before  the  assignment  to  name  is  performed.   This
> >       affects the result of array assignments with the A flag.
> >
> > but looks like the splitting isn't applied to word first:
> >
> > % print -l ${=xx::=foo           bar}
> > foo
> > bar
> > %  print -l $xx
> > foo           bar
> > %
> >
> > I'm confused on this. Please help.
>
> If you actually use the (A) flag,
> % print -l ${=xx::=foo bar} . $xx . ${(A)=xx::=foo bar} . $xx
> foo
> bar
> .
> foo bar
> .
> foo
> bar
> .
> foo
> bar

I think we should say something like this about this feature in the man
page:

    Note during assignments with the A flag, that  splitting is applied to word
    in the assignment forms of spec before  the  assignment  to  name  is  performed.
    This will affects the result.

This sounds more clearly. Right?