Re: PATH reordered when running zsh inside screen on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and MacPorts

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For some reason, my PATH is being reordered when running zsh 5.0.2
> inside screen 4.0.3 on Mac OS X Mountain Lion, installed via MacPorts.
>  I’ve tried investigating what change made this happen, but have so
> far failed.  Has anyone happened upon this problem and know of a fix?
> I’ve tried running bash under screen and it doesn’t seem to change the
> order of PATH and, as far as I can tell, this didn’t occur before I
> upgraded to 5.0.2 (from zsh-devel? (which was at 5.0.0?), can’t
> remember).

I was having this problem a month or so back while running some scripts
that executed other extermal programs. (I am using latest homebrew zsh in
tmux in Mountain Lion but I think that is immaterial in my case). I can't
remember specifics but I just did some searches in my system. I use
zpresto. It contains a file: runcoms/zshenv which i think is what was
resetting my path. I believe I corrected the order there and now things are
working.

There's a line starting with : path=(
You can search for that in your system and see if this has any relevance to
your problem.
HTH
--
 rahul