Re: Caching variables during completion

On Feb 13,  8:30pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > zstyle ':completion:*' completer _xrcache _oldlist _expand _complete # etc.
}
} I don't see why you couldn't put that inside the completion function
} that needs the cache

True, you could put it in the completion function, but what if there's
more than one completion function that wants to share the same cache?

Which reminds me that I've never really bothered to understand how the
_store_cache/_retrieve_cache stuff is supposed to work.  I suspect it
would be overkill here.