Re: Slow completion

Bart wrote:
> It might be possible to get the effect of completion_strip_exe with a
> matcher style, something like (though I don't think this works)
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:-command-:*' matcher \
>         'R:|.[eE][xX][eE]=.[eE][xX][eE]'

To strip the .exe, you need to use a lowercase r, map the .exe to
nothing and use the .exe as the command-line pattern rather than as the
the anchor: 'r:.[eE][xX][eE]|='

Unfortunately, this somehow only seems to work when you position the
cursor before the .exe which makes it fairly useless. Note this will
only work at all when completeinword is set otherwise the .exe is not
seen by the matching at all. The same effect applies on the left but
that matters less because the cursor is usually going to be after a left
anchored pattern. I think this is a bug.

Oliver