Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Latest stable release of zsh triggers the addition of paths to $PATH
- X-seq: zsh-users 17692
- From: Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: James Jong <ribonucleico@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Latest stable release of zsh triggers the addition of paths to $PATH
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:17:38 -0400
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=spodhuis.org; s=d201210; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Message-ID:Subject:Cc:To:From:Date; bh=clGj0gFm5OMH+c8DczofhG6JXNlTzOnyx/Wlj6AJhs0=; b=Jm7woMYfiBupcX+nliuuHkaVSCm4HRvxtONpAuJbg0AWucoYUvEL6HVVaUCn85O88OnGh60KE2ZK9yk2RyrycmFh0NxwEARE0KNdkr/geAxlzT6lOhVACZxPpO5Xl2tGdGuqhtI4BPgavz0qWbpB43m9TV3FMFXQzIBm4gmYM5c=;
- In-reply-to: <CAD4ivxXVaur2-yswW1L+TwViEuY8dUij9ZBV9gniJaZyQue-Cg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: James Jong <ribonucleico@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAD4ivxXVaur2-yswW1L+TwViEuY8dUij9ZBV9gniJaZyQue-Cg@mail.gmail.com>
On 2013-03-12 at 18:08 -0400, James Jong wrote:
> I first noticed this problem in Zsh 5.0.0, but I have just built Zsh 5.0.2
> from scratch and every time I call exec zsh from another shell (e.g. tcsh).
> My $PATH variable ends up with two additional paths, one pointing to
> Keberos and another one pointing to a version of Qt.
> I don't have anything in my .zprofile nor on my .zshrc.
> Why are these paths added to $PATH? Any pointers on what I can look at?
tcsh> zsh -x
If you do that, and also capture stderr to a file, and immediately quit,
then you can grep the stderr output for references to PATH or path.
Ignore fpath, module_path, manpath, etc etc.
This should get rid of most of the cruft:
% pcregrep -n '\b(?i)path\b' zsh.trace
Use the line-numbers to find the matches in the full output and trace
back where the lines come from.
Messages sorted by: