search through alternative HISTFILE

Dear zsh users,

As part of an attempt to archive my command line history, I have a need for bck-i-search (as normally invoked by Ctrl-R), but with a history file that is not $HISTFILE, that is, a different file from that which the current shell uses for saving its history.

As I envision it, Ctrl-R would still search through the current shell's history (i.e. through $HISTFILE), and another key binding would search through an alternative but constant histfile (say $HOME/.accumulated-history).

Is this possible, and if so, can any of you give me a hint as to how to achieve it?

Many thanks in advance!

Maarten