Re: Implicit killing of subprocesses

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:38:30 +0200
René Neumann <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's non-interactive (a script).
>
> > Not sure what happens non-interactively, coproc is really there for use
> > with job control.
>
> Ah darn. Using coprocs in scripts comes in handy when you want sth like:

I think you're OK, it's just you don't have job control (and all the
paraphernalia of controlling terminals, sessions, and the stuff zsh-workers
will know I don't really understand).

In this case, the NOHUP option is irrelevant --- because you don't have
job control (it's determined by the MONITOR option which is unset in
non-interactive shells), the shell doesn't send SIGHUP to processes on
exiting (without job control it doesn't have much idea of which
processes would need it).  So I think you get the effect you want.

pws