Re: Issue with histreduceblanks

On Sep 26, 12:52am, Raghavendra Prabhu wrote:
}
} On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Peter Stephenson
} <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} >
} > Are there any non-ASCII characters on the line that might be confusing
} > the algorithm (the option pre-dates handling of multibyte characters)?
}
} Sorry for the delay in replying (it had ended in my Junk due to
} Precedence headers).

You didn't really answer Peter's question.  Also I think something is
being lost in the cut-and-paste-and-email process, because this ...

} Archie% Only two kinds of witnesses exist.  The first live in a
} neighborhood where
} zsh: command not found: Only

... obviously has a newline where there must not have been one in your
original string.  To have much hope of debugging this, we need a copy
of EXACTLY what you typed, including what might be characters that
"look like" spaces but really are not.

} b)  Also tested with print as requested

Did you see/try this?