Re: Fish-like autosuggestions

On Nov 5, 11:46am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} ... a single predefined widget name that is called at that point ...
}
} Hmm, the doc doesn't actually explain what the return value from a -F
} handler means to the surrounding code.  There should probably be some
} sort of return-code-based protocol to indicate whether handling should
} proceed, which makes me lean away from the "instead" option but still
} doesn't resolve before/after for me.

A bit more examination leads me to feel that running the zle -F handler
first, and then skipping the widget ("zle-tcp-handler" ?) if the -F
function returns nonzero, is probably the most sensible way to go, both
for backward compatibility and because it's harder to interpret the
"failure" of a widget.