Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Opening a new tab is awkwardly slow
- X-seq: zsh-users 18159
- From: Timo Sand <timo.j.sand@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Opening a new tab is awkwardly slow
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:19:25 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:cc :content-type; bh=OJaIg2gpp17Oku17ObW6z7OKnteBRG4Ofd9bcW/q6N0=; b=X1tJcFYtqsQ7miz5JlfeShou0BWW54B88IVAHCdH6ug2nrnWbsYhTSvosW44POrq7L iUMQiyt1av+fpRw9ipk9K1AnVqgYmJHob/km7f/oYBvuvIEO+bCs6Xj4ZU/z1GvQ2FiC hc0x1SlJQpRLH0GEXDyYnYUA4FKN+uzXbdy4vgE3GDLd2t7plRGghnlb91ma4JBJNDfC MSTqA8DYZMIbKO2/QVQKKFOTcYWZLAnAeoKEIA9vx/Rd9xV5yRm+sxiKABzjgVX2vXjT fz4/i2pMvkRHIu/yT2yWc/dBHVsXoUxGhJlvQjCrEqwCNff60T2ssCt4J4GDgv4luyfN Jo0A==
- In-reply-to: <CAMxBVSvB13NaiNFTuTnPs+acwALFok8789WbXYd6+brtLAmJ-A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAMxBVSty0opsh0G=UuwfP_KFFKn=_ZnvKkOxO-uUiooNf6F59A@mail.gmail.com> <131119073326.ZM17938@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAMxBVSvDF=7Ca40SHoZdbyXchM4xM9S8KEBtozFFMV7wUkkM+A@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7YnQ1gMfVjydQfscJzv6qYymSZcUvT3MZFKB25U3sdx6w@mail.gmail.com> <CAMxBVSvB13NaiNFTuTnPs+acwALFok8789WbXYd6+brtLAmJ-A@mail.gmail.com>
Forgot to add the link
I updated the Gist content https://gist.github.com/deiga/7547991
On 20 November 2013 08:18, Timo Sand <timo.j.sand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, so I removed nvm from initialization and put the `git config` in the
> background (should really move it to once per desktop session, but haven't
> got an idea yet as to how I'd do that).
> Also I added timing to the xtrace.
> The biggest timesink seems to be that my `.zprofile` gets loaded twice and
> thus `rbenv init` runs twice, which is kind of slow. The next would be
> `compdef/compaudit`, but I don't even know what to do about them.
> On 19 November 2013 18:57, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Timo Sand <timo.j.sand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Here's the xtrace output https://gist.github.com/deiga/7547991
>> > Not sure how to debug this, any help would be appreciated :)
>> Well, to begin with, search for calls to the "git" and "nvm" functions.
>> I only see one call to "git":
>> +/Users/timosand/.zsh/system.zsh:9> git config --global
>> credential.helper osxkeychain
>> +git:0> hub config --global credential.helper osxkeychain
>> I know OSX keychain operations can be really slow sometimes; you might
>> want to consider doing that only once per desktop session rather than
>> on every shell. Or put this in the background, if it's not directly
>> modifying the current shell environment.
>> The nvm activity seems to be from nvm.plugin.zsh, an oh-my-zsh module.
>> The problem with using modular configuration systems like oh-my-zsh is
>> that they encourage you to throw in all sorts of stuff that you might
>> use only once in a blue moon, or to try things and then forget you
>> have them enabled, so you're paying a continuous performance penalty
>> for an occasional convenience. Part of the point of them being
>> modular is that things can be easily unplugged, too ...
> Timo Sand
Messages sorted by: