Re: shared history but recalling history in current terminal

On Nov 30, 12:03pm, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
}
} Perhaps one could add a zle-isearch-init widget? Strikes me odd, that
} there isn't one.

Yes, one could ... one could also turn the isearch actions into real
widgets and truly select the isearch keymap ... but which "one"?

The whole family of automatically-invoked widgets is a (relatively)
recent thing, and they were added in a very ad-hoc way (hence we have
"zle-line-finish" but "zle-isearch-exit").

I'm sure there are various side-effects that haven't been thought out;
e.g., if you start playing with up/down history or modifying $BUFFER
from inside zle-isearch-update, all sorts of oddness probably results.