Re: Pattern problem in the new zsh 5.0.3

On 2013-12-16 at 14:34 -0800, Hong Xu wrote:
> I need to mention that these problems don't exist in 5.0.2.

> > On Dec 16, 2013, at 12:41, Hong Xu <hong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > After I upgraded to zsh 5.0.3, I found a few issues. It looks like they are both related to the glob pattern.
> >
> > 1. When I tried to use "git push origin <tab>" to perform autocompletion, the following error occurs:
> >
> >    __git_complete_remote_or_refspec:33: bad pattern: +*
> >    __git_complete_remote_or_refspec:33: bad pattern: +*
> >    __git_complete_remote_or_refspec:33: bad pattern: +*
> >
> > 2. When I tried to use rvm (see https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/issues/2431), something similar occurs:
> >
> > |     __rvm_clean_path:12: bad pattern: *:/Users/hong/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p448@global/bin:*|

Already reported over on the zsh-workers list; sorry, perhaps I should
have mailed zsh-users.  I think Peter is talking about an early 5.0.4
release because of this.

There's a patch you can try in:

  http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2013/msg01166.html

For git, you can work around the problem by patching the _git completion
file, with the patch in:

  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/239332

Regards,
-Phil