Re: Executing command on reattaching to screen session

> As a side note: if you do this un Ubuntu and expect motd to show the
> current system load and such you'll be disappointed. It will update
> /etc/motd only on login.

That's correct. Ubuntu was actually the targeted distribution for my
question. Fortunately byobu allows to display the system load
dynamically in the status line, so there is no need for a hackish way
to update motd with that stats.

For the motd part itself, I use "run-parts --lsbsysinit
/etc/update-motd.d" instead of a simple "cat /etc/motd".

Thorsten