Re: completion fails if dir referenced via variable.

On Feb 25,  1:57pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} BTW another strange thing: if I start a fresh shell, I can't expand a
} variable unless I 'echo' it first. The variable is certainly set, and it
} echos to screen, but without echoing it, it will not expand nohow. Any
} reason of that?

I'm guessing this is going to depend on which variable you're trying.
Some variables are autoloaded from modules and appear when you reference
them with $varname, but wouldn't be around yet to be completed when you
first attempt it.