Re: set -F kills read -t

On 03/20/2014 09:08 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
	echo "My love is" | set -F; _y "as a fever"

so the semicolon ends the pipeline.

Yup, I should have figgered that myself. Red herrings! a dude can be following the wrong scent
completely.
Aliases are textual replacements,
not semantic units.  Also with that alias the -F setting will persist
after _y is finished, which I'm sure you didn't intend.
No, it gets turned off automatically elsewhere in my Grand Unified Wrapper System.

Try it this way:

    alias y='noglob _y'
Seems fine! Thanks Bart, you're a patient man. No more torments for a while
anyway.