Re: zsh-newuser-install

On 04/24/2014 09:02 AM, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
On 04/24/2014 04:34 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
The problem is that it is, indeed, quite complicated. It's not exactly what I would recommend to somebody that is starting from zero with zsh.

Well, then I agree. At least myself, I stayed away from it when I saw how fancy it tried to be.

Debugging slow completion or any issue you have with it will immediately be too hard for somebody who never tweaked zsh before, because there's no single "item" you can search for in the manual page. For instance, I severely dislike when completion tries to outsmart me, or behaves in non-predictive ways.
Right. The first thing software of any kind should be is predictable.