Re: Zsh changes on Ubuntu

Hi Axel

It makes me happy to see your and Torsten's interest in my Debian package. I am the developer of Fizsh. I am also the Debian Maintainer of the Debian package, but since I am not a Debian Developer I do not have upload rights to Debian.

> Then again, the fiszh developer -- who also maintains the Debian
> packages of fiszh -- sadly doesn't seem to have much interest in the
> Debian/Ubuntu packages anymore as he released 1.0.5 in 2011 but never
> uploaded packages for the past three releases to Debian or Ubuntu --

The above is not exactly true. I did upload the most recent version of Fizsh to Debian Mentors (see: https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/10/msg00404.html). However, no Debian Developer showed any interest in this sponsorship request.

Yet, since you are a Debian Developer, you may still sponsor the latest version of Fizsh (1.0.5) into Debian.

After I finished version 1.0.5 almost three years ago, the package was 100% Lintian clean. Meanwhile Lintian might complain about some violations of modifications of the Debian Packaging Policy. I am willing to address such issues, on the condition that you will eventually sponsor the improved package. In that case I will also try to correct the issue reported by Torsten. I will further include the latest versions of "zsh-history-substring-search" and "zsh-syntax-highlighting".

So, if you agree, let's do some work together, and have a new version of Fizsh uploaded to Debian 8/Jessie.

Best wishes,

Guido van Steen

PS. I would not file a bug against the current Ubuntu package. This package is an old version, and it is an exact copy of the Debian package. If bugs are corrected, let's correct them in the most recent version, which is indeed available from Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/files/fizsh_1.0.5-1_all.deb/download).