Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh changes on Ubuntu
- X-seq: zsh-users 18844
- From: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-users@xxxxxxx" <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Zsh changes on Ubuntu
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 00:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1400831962; bh=XA9VdERG/163GTCgjkVgEwPqgRbOWhiaGfNAdY0szpU=; h=References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=viAkE3RouXoiMOJ88FQHPbcEngXAGjGbMHQ0yeABVR0S0HVD68CDWVXyEJyou7WU7NSIwSupTkDg18koJLLbENoyrg6KKMxwy+qS6pg0PHqpdvYYm9fQlxCQD4iei8l+caIoQOLqgP2s3Oq7vK3cC74gfIvPDMgGUNF8yJTQ1/k=
- In-reply-to: <20140522165747.GK4356@sym.noone.org>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140522165747.GK4356@sym.noone.org>
- Reply-to: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
It makes me happy to see your and Torsten's interest in my Debian package. I am the developer of Fizsh. I am also the Debian Maintainer of the Debian package, but since I am not a Debian Developer I do not have upload rights to Debian.
> Then again, the fiszh developer -- who also maintains the Debian
> packages of fiszh -- sadly doesn't seem to have much interest in the
> Debian/Ubuntu packages anymore as he released 1.0.5 in 2011 but never
> uploaded packages for the past three releases to Debian or Ubuntu --
The above is not exactly true. I did upload the most recent version of Fizsh to Debian Mentors (see: https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/10/msg00404.html). However, no Debian Developer showed any interest in this sponsorship request.
Yet, since you are a Debian Developer, you may still sponsor the latest version of Fizsh (1.0.5) into Debian.
After I finished version 1.0.5 almost three years ago, the package was 100% Lintian clean. Meanwhile Lintian might complain about some violations of modifications of the Debian Packaging Policy. I am willing to address such issues, on the condition that you will eventually sponsor the improved package. In that case I will also try to correct the issue reported by Torsten. I will further include the latest versions of "zsh-history-substring-search" and "zsh-syntax-highlighting".
So, if you agree, let's do some work together, and have a new version of Fizsh uploaded to Debian 8/Jessie.
Guido van Steen
PS. I would not file a bug against the current Ubuntu package. This package is an old version, and it is an exact copy of the Debian package. If bugs are corrected, let's correct them in the most recent version, which is indeed available from Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/files/fizsh_1.0.5-1_all.deb/download).
On Thursday, 22 May 2014, 19:10, Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:32:49PM +0200, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> > I'm just mentioning this for the innocent lurker, who might be wondering
>> > what we're on about. I don't know of your background and you might
>> > indeed know what you're doing. This is not meant to be offensive.
>> No, I don"t know what I'm doing with that parameter. As far as I can
>> see it reverts the keyboard handling back to Ubuntu 12.04 so it can't
>> be that dramatic. And not exporting the parameter doesn't work with
>In that case, it sounds like a bug in fizsh or at least the fizsh
>package in Ubuntu for me.
>In general I'd report that against fizsh in Ubuntu then. Seems not yet
>Then again, the fiszh developer -- who also maintains the Debian
>packages of fiszh -- sadly doesn't seem to have much interest in the
>Debian/Ubuntu packages anymore as he released 1.0.5 in 2011 but never
>uploaded packages for the past three releases to Debian or Ubuntu --
>he only provides them on Sourceforge:
> Regards, Axel
>,''`. | Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxx>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
>: :' : | Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
>`. `' | 1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486 202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
> `- | 4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329 6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5
Messages sorted by: