Re: globbing in conditional expressions

On May 31,  5:34pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: globbing in conditional expressions
}
} > } Is there a non-convoluted way to have the special case of a glob with
} > } BOTH of the (NY) qualifiers return empty string rather than nularg when
} > } it finds no match?  Empty string is an illegal file name so for most
} > } purposes it wouldn't otherwise affect usage.
}
} I beg to differ.  Making *(NY) return empty strings upon no match is
} (by design) convenient for the [ -n *(NY) ] case, but it breaks other
} use-cases.

Yeah, and it's unnecessary given [[ -n *(#qNY) ]] works per PWS's patches
on the zsh-workers list, although that requires extendedglob.  I won't
commit users/18866.