Re: Playing with list-expand + complete-word

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:02:38AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> See what you think of
>
> bindkey $'\t' complete-word
> zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete _match _expand
> zstyle ':completion:*:match:*' insert-unambiguous pattern

It seems to work really fine and almost exactly what I achieve by
creating a new widget that calls all other widgets.  Thank you!

The only difference is that, if I press tab twice, then glob is replaced
by the first entry, and so on as I press tab again (which is better than
I got) :-)

Is there any advantage on using complete-word and configuring it with
styles than doing what I did? (creating a new widget that calls
list-choices, complete-word and list-expand)?

Your way is more zshish :-)

Thanks again!

--
Silas Silva