Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completion: _normal after argument
- X-seq: zsh-users 18996
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: completion: _normal after argument
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:37:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1406619469; bh=y9OqYsd3v9OmPxpU8VrHeJVZgcbTn4tHdI/41QQiWNw=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:In-reply-to:From:References:To:Subject:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-ID:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Date:Message-ID; b=KvxkDpP2xaGAOCROdAC0cRTfNEMTOfrnCurtN6I3I1PJ6xp67Bc31MS1vfzcbM5EnG+zK9LFUZHB7p1Lgga3/I66O+sjGhu0uuEYcx2lFNngVO9CvhWXsaEg/iVQ4hy++m9uduxmbwH8ecuk7YrBHtmgOgN7TflWpxzijpOBZzs=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Supposedly you don't even need to do that, however:
> executed or evaluated. With three colons before the mes‐
> sage they are modified to refer only to the normal argu‐
> ments covered by this description.
The three colon form should be right in this case. Shouldn't even need a
state: '*:::command:_normal' should work.
> I have a feeling I've had trouble with that in the past though (and,
> obviously, no one in their senses would try to understand _arguments).
Most of the troubles come when you're trying to call _arguments again.
Message 32848 on zsh-workers is also related. It can be useful to use a
small function to print $CURRENT and $words on a different tty to
understand things, and remember that _arguments expects words to start
with a command name.
Messages sorted by: