Re: for loop question

On 11/03/2014 11:13 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} ... the test must surely produce an answer of some sort.

The *nix command paradigm is organized around two concepts:
Thanks Bart, that was very deeply informative, it helps me understand the bedrock on which this is all built. I asked an invalid question. It is not that an exit status is or isn't 'arithmetic', it is that an exit status is not part of a data stream. It is not *what*
it is, but *where* it is that is relevant. I now see that:

    for ((i=1; ! $([ -n "$TLC[i]" ]; echo $?); i++))

... is simple.