Re: git adventures

On Nov 14,  5:46pm, Nathan Schwarz wrote:
}
} > I'VE LEARNED ABOUT 'stage', BUT WHAT IS 'stash'?
} > HOW DO I commit/stash/stage THAT ONE FILE SO AS TO PROCEED? CAN WE TELL GIT
} > TO JUST NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT FILE--LEAVE IT BE, BUT PULL EVERYTHING ELSE?
} > THAT CHANGED FILE IS OBVIOUSLY ONLY OF TEMPORARY VALUE.
} `git stash $file` stashes changes as another form than a commit.

Hmm, "git stash $file" doesn't work for me -- it wants a keyword such as
"save" in the location where you have $file, and the only way to stash
selectively is with "git stash save --patch".  I don't see any mention
of stash accepting a file name in "man git-stash".