Re: syntactic question

On 11/21/2014 04:00 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Nov 21, 2014 3:46 PM, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   Bart, is there some readable doc that wraps it all up?  In practice I
get most all my problems solved now, but I despair of really understanding
it, I tend to use trial and error.

Minimally, section 6.9 Quoting in the zsh info explains the three types of
quotes (backticks look like quotes but are really a substitution).

Then you need 14.3 Parameter Expansion and 14.4 Command Substitution to
explain what happens inside double quotes.  14.3.2 Rules and 14.3.3
Examples may be the most helpful.

Thanks, it's queued.