Re: triviality with prompts

On 12/03/2014 01:14 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
No, this is the same gotcha as before, so to speak.  That's
dollar-single-single, not dollar-double.  There is no special syntax
for a double-quote preceded by a dollar.  Roman just didn't put
anything in between his quotes.

Ok, I'll 'stand down' on that.  I'm thinking that might be the end of
the line for quote complexities? Or at least for all the gross
forms?

\
' '
" "
$' '
$( )

... all cross-pollinating each other in various ways, but is that it for
the main species?  It's really not that bad if only one could get
the complete overview somewhere before diving in.

Oh, and of course there's the various flavorings like 'rc_quotes' and
I guess a few others like that.  Tractable.