Re: utf-8

On 12/18/2014 01:25 AM, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Mikael, Peter:

Chapter 5 of the FAQ is the best place to start. You can see this online at http://zsh.sourceforge.net/FAQ/zshfaq05.html#l52. The version in Etc of the source is newer but I don't think there are significant differences. pws

Very nicely written. That's exactly what I wanted to learn. And tho I knew it
previously, I had semi forgotten the difference between unicode and utf-8,
which lead to the fuzzy question. To ask it again more accurately, where are
extended unicode characters permitted? Or perhaps that's better reversed,
where are they *not* permitted? Can a variable have a name beyond ASCII?
I see that zsh is transparent to utf-8 everywhere, but that does not presume
that one has use of the entire unicode charset in all situations.