Re: Hiding command from history

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Peter Stephenson
>> and indeed there's no reason I can think of why you couldn't simply
>> define
>>
>> zshaddhistory() { [[ $1 = ${~HISTORY_IGNORE} ]] && return 1; }
>
> This is quite nice. Thanks!

Talked too early it seems. When I add this line to my ~/.zshrc then
history file is never updated when I exit the shell. Removing this
line fixes the problem. Any ideas why? I also tried the

zshaddhistory() { [[ $1 = (ls|rm)\ * ]] && return 1; }

version but the same problem happens there. I am using zsh.git