Re: exclude users in watch variable?

$watch does not support patterns.  For an alternative I'd suggest
writing a custom precmd.  Maybe someone else has a better idea.

(Incidentally, if $watch did support patterns, you'd have needed
to (a) quote the ^ so it isn't interpreted as filename generation,
(b) consolidate the two negative patterns as '^(user1|user2)' because
otherwise between them they'd match everything.

Cheers,

Daniel