Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: exclude users in watch variable?
- X-seq: zsh-users 19847
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: exclude users in watch variable?
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:45:51 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= daniel.shahaf.name; h=x-sasl-enc:date:from:to:subject:message-id :references:mime-version:content-type:in-reply-to; s=mesmtp; bh= o8q+v72+4ysRAgUdcOJmuMlXKy4=; b=W+Jc4SGdb9XCEIbP44t91PBSp53ZgRym Gd6r+ZtzhaXaTwAScXVMMhxKXkdmXIktZpTa9B2C4hpMGRCbJ2NX9FrpXyEdyQBM Q2q2Q4bY98cztVtT3Y9+mrNKiogjOnh4tAQN926HxLMnIySwojjJxBnAtj05FpzV yEj30BnkoPU=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=x-sasl-enc:date:from:to:subject :message-id:references:mime-version:content-type:in-reply-to; s= smtpout; bh=o8q+v72+4ysRAgUdcOJmuMlXKy4=; b=bvnQ/1RmxjAv0GY+raSM Vpb2zzrcGHQVrFYc6/yqSADwzctvnFc//E/3vAfFqsahhI46oHWKM+nCbjoHOvQq uuHU41sv1569yovhyfay1uztwIWsKeOKCe0qUHgJOB6QnI5ymexRnz2Z1dfFe1et x5mcDmopWUl74j0kEVlusYQ=
- In-reply-to: <20150210192857.GA13932@spiegl.de>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20150204174605.GA14529@spiegl.de> <20150210192857.GA13932@spiegl.de>
$watch does not support patterns. For an alternative I'd suggest
writing a custom precmd. Maybe someone else has a better idea.
(Incidentally, if $watch did support patterns, you'd have needed
to (a) quote the ^ so it isn't interpreted as filename generation,
(b) consolidate the two negative patterns as '^(user1|user2)' because
otherwise between them they'd match everything.
Andy Spiegl wrote on Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 20:28:57 +0100:
> I suppose no answer by noone means that it's impossible, right?
> On 2015-02-04, 18:46, Andy Spiegl wrote:
> > "watch=( notme )" excludes myself but is there a way to exclude other usernames?
> > I was trying "watch=( notme ^user1 ^user2 )" but I am expecting too much, right?
> me@condor:~> find . -name home
> There's no place like home.
Messages sorted by: