Re: can zsh do this? (fuzzy match, categorised suggestion)

On Feb 13  23:33 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 13,  8:56pm, SGT. Garcia wrote:
> } Subject: can zsh do this? (fuzzy match, categorised suggestion)
> }
> } it comes down to:
> } 1. incremental and fuzzy match for types chars so far, and it's on always.
>
> I don't usually plug things like this because they tend to tickle any
> unstable corners of the shell, but auto-fu seems to be reasonably well
> written and probably works better than incremental-complete-word:
>
>    https://github.com/hchbaw/auto-fu.zsh/blob/master/auto-fu.zsh
>
> Just use it with the _approximate completer and you should get something
> much like what you've described.

yest it does. thank you very much indeed.
btw, its author has also contributed to vimperator.

> } 2. categorisation in representation of suggestions/predictions
>
> This can be accomplished with the tags mechanism in completion zstyles
> plus appropriate values of the "format" style in the right contexts.
> It'd be pretty tedious to set up the first time, I suspect, but perhaps
> someone would do so and publish the result.

auto-fu sort of does that but by bordering categories with the name of each
category; good enough for now. i rather see the author of auto-fu implement
it. it seems advanced for my knowledge of zsh.