Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

On 2015-02-22 17:14:18 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Many terminal emulators (more modern than xterm; e.g. gnome-terminal and
> PuTTY, among others) provide GUI menus for doing this sort of thing.  In
> gnome-terminal it's Terminal -> Change Profile, you can set up as many
> different profiles as you like with different font/color/lines/columns
> etc. combinations, and switch among them as necessary.
>
> Of course "st" is designed to be extremely simple/lightweight, so it does
> not have that sort of feature available.

There doesn't need to be a GUI. Implementing an option to choose the
background color should be very simple. Or a private escape sequence
to change the default background color (I've said "default background",
not the current background as changed by setab or setb).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>