Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

Ray, You're missing the point. Every feature has costs as well as benefits.
The costs are not limited to writing the original patch to the source code.
Every new feature makes future changes more difficult. Every new feature
requires additional verbiage to the documentation and thus a potential
source of confusion. Every new feature makes it more likely that someone
will be surprised by the behavior of the program. Every new feature
increases the cost of supporting the program. Etcetera.

The value of the proposed feature has to be considerably larger than those
costs. I love zsh. I also hate a lot of the "features" that have been added
which benefit a very tiny percentage of its users at the expense of
everyone else. Including the people trying to help new zsh users and keep
the project alive and the preferable choice from the alternatives. There
are a million features that could be added to zsh which would make someone
happy. Implementing all those features would kill zsh.

--
Kurtis Rader