Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

On 2015-02-22 19:41:08 -0800, Ray Andrews wrote:
> I'm thinking how cool it might be to have different builds on
> different xterms showing different BG colors, so that it's easier to
> keep track of which is which. But, yes, it is just a bon-bon.

You shouldn't mix up the default background/foreground color pair and
the current background/foreground color pair. The user completely
controls the former one. The latter one can be chosen by programs
that output text (this includes the shell), each time they need to do
some output. With xterm, you can set the default background/foreground
colors with the -bg and -fg options (or via X resources); it is possible
to change these default colors dynamically via the "dynamic color"
feature (when enabled).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>