Re: grammar triviality with '&&'

On 03/06/2015 12:23 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
Did you forget that every C syntactic construct has an explicit
terminating symbol (semicolon, brace, parenthesis, quotation mark,
etc.)?

No, that's exactly my point. But as Bart just explained, since newlines are syntactic in interactive mode (how could it really be otherwise?) They must be syntactic in scripts, and that is the heart of the matter. It looks like what I've been 'asking for' is just to permit a sloppy parse of lines beginning with '&&'--a default value--but who really
needs that? Better to be explicit.  I repent of it.

>These "convoluted" bits would appear much less so if you did not insist on forcing your understanding of other tools onto this one. vq Not forcing, rather confessing why my internal parsing engine is so busted. Getting the C
out of me is turning out to be 10x harder than I expected.
Anyway, it's too much noise on the list.