Re: How to get 'fc' context?

On Mar 15,  7:44am, Han Pingtian wrote:
}
} How can we get the 'fc' context, please?

I don't think there is an "fc context" in the way you seem to mean.

"fc" either invokes an external editor, in which case the shell is
not involved at all, or it feeds the history directly back to the
interpreter again, in which case it's not doing anything that would
have a context.

The reason you get "toplevel file" is because "fc -e" has copied the
history event to a file and then invoked "source" on the file.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this?