Re: patches format Re: fndir introspection, site-packages documentation

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:36:24 +0000
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote on Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 12:14:47 -0700:
> I wouldn't advise people to put patches in the body, since most mail
> clients auto-wrap and strip leading/trailing whtiespace by default
> (which corrupts empty context lines).  Instead, I usually advise people
> to attach patches as a file named *.txt.  That filename pattern usually
> results in text/plain attachments.

I think it's a question of "know thy mailer".  Some mailers (I use
claws-mail but there are plenty of others) are deliberately designed to
do the least possible to the mail body, and if you want to spend you
life sending patches you can seek out one such.  But if you don't
normally send patches that's good advice.

pws