Re: `[[ -n $VAR ]]` equal to `[[ $VAR ]]`?

* Kurtis Rader (Thu, 9 Apr 2015 19:59:56 -0700)

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > (please don't top post, it's a lot of work to fix the mail before replying)
> >

> Please don't lecture others. I hate top posting. I'm 54 and hated the
> rising popularity of programs like Outlook which encouraged top posting.
> Gmail makes top posting the default. So unless I'm responding to more than
> a single point in the original message I take the path of least resistance.
> We lost the battle of top versus bottom posting twenty years ago. Move on.

I kind of agree. The bad thing is that top-posting and not snipping
the parts you are responding to, massively decreases the readibility
and usefullness of email.

You just read the first paragraph of an email and ignore all the
rest. I do it, the person I'm responding to does it. Kind of like a
lose-lose situation. Of course, the person that seeks help loses
more.

Thorsten