Re: how to get zsh to work with a screen reader

hmmm, interesting, because if I use orca and gnome-terminal, I do not
get the repeats, but I need to use it in a regular virtual console, so I
will check the mosh project and see, but I wanted to know if I could do
the optimizations right in zsh itself, maybe have an ifdef for speakup
or something.

Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad <stucki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > The ZLE editor does not use the curses package for screen optimization,
>
> It might be a strange idea, but what happenes in different
> terminal-emulators? They might optimize output differently,
> so you could try zsh 'behind unusual terminals' like:
> - tmux
> - screen
> - puttyterm
> - (( there also is a terminal-*test* in the 'mosh' project.
>   I seem to remember a testing-scenario within it, but
>   do not have the time just now to find out/remenber.
>   It uses mosh's optimisations without remote connection))
>
> Stucki
>
> --
> Christoph von Stuckrad      * * |nickname |Mail <stucki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> \
> Freie Universitaet Berlin   |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|
> Mathematik & Informatik EDV |\ *|if online|  (Di,Do,Fr):+49 30 77 39 6600|
> Takustr. 9 / 14195 Berlin   * * |on IRCnet|Fax(home):   +49 30 77 39 6601/

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx