Re: Vimode problem (key press dropping)

On Jul 29,  2:35pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} I always felt like how it should work if we get the string "abc", is
} first abc is looked up and we find it isn't bound to anything, the a
} gets treated as a separate input string, then we look up bc instead,
} etc.

The problem with that is that if you have an unbound function key on
your keyboard, striking it will cause unpredictable effects when the
leading ESC is ignored and the rest of the sequence begins to be
interpreted as individual characters.

} What we do now is just discard the whole string as "undefined-key".

Which is correct if the whole sequence came from a single keystroke;
the real difficulty is determining whether that happened.