Re: zsh 5.0.8.-test-3

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 04:19:45 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > FWIW, we do have our man pages online:
> >
> >     http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/html/E36874/strftime-3c.html
> >
> > which documents # and E and O, as well as ^ and _.  So I don't know why it
> > didn't work, unless the underlying implementation is broken, which is
> > entirely possible (and likely enough that I'd say you should just keep the
> > test as it is and I'll go make sure the appropriate bug is filed and just
> > live with the test failure for now).
>
> I'll let Peter decide which of those to do then.

It's minor enough that I'm not *that* bothered.

I have a vague prejudice that releasing something with a test failing,
even if it's a "real" failure, is going to cause more trouble than it's
worth for something that's not a core part of the shell and which is new
anyway.  Suppose we apply the test patch now and back it off immediately
after the release?  The released code is still capable of showing the
problem, so this don't make debugging harder.

pws

--
Peter Stephenson | Principal Engineer Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre
Email: p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx | Phone: +44 1223 434724 |