Re: string to array space problem in filenames

On 08/28/2015 12:43 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

Bart,

Got around to the spaces in filenames thing:

If you insist on storing it all on one line, then you need to quote the
spaces on the way out:

     echo -n " ${(q)PWD}" >>! ~/.mydirstack;

I've got it all more or less working except I can't figure out how to write the array--with newlines now, not with spaces--back to the file. Everything I try ends up on one line, which is now not what I want anymore.