Re: simple question regarding local variables

On 09/19/2015 09:32 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Actually this is a simple question about sourcing.

On Sep 19,  9:23am, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} sourcing I understand to create a child shell

No, sourcing explicitly does NOT create a child shell; "source" *means*
to execute the commands in the current shell.  Running a script by its
name without sourcing is what creates a child shell.

Of course.  Pardon, I knew that at one time. Functions, sourced scripts
and executed scripts. Over the summer I forget half of what I learned the
previous year.