Re: Please don't hijack existing threads

11.10.2015, 17:43, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 10/11/2015 06:54 AM, Axel Beckert wrote:
>>  Dear Ray,
>>
>>  On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 08:24:33PM -0700, Ray Andrews' mail contained
>>  in its headers:
>
> Sorry all, I thought changing the subject was sufficient.

It depends on the mail client. Most I use automatically “start a new thread” should the topic change. But this is usually the case for the mail clients which provide linear thread view. Mail clients with tree threads (e.g. kmail from KDE) use references found in mail headers and this makes your “new” message be buried inside another thread. AFAIK this is also the case for the web view of the mailing list archive.